We believe in supporting the person, not the diagnosis.
"More youth (aged 15 to 24) meet the criteria for mood disorders and substance use disorders than any other age group. This confirms that youth need the tools and resources to help them manage their mental health issues and that stigma reduction needs to continue being a priority in Canada."
1 in 3
Will experience a mental illness during their lifetime either directly or indirectly through family, friends or colleagues.
Miss work every day due to mental health issues.
9 - 12
Is the average wait time in Winnipeg for psychological treatment.
Our Services and Programs
All of our services and programs can be tailored for youth or adults, and to meet the specific needs of your organization and size of your group. Please contact us for further information.
- Self esteem workshops for youth and teens.
- Taking control and having courage in the face of anxiety.
- Coming back after an addiction.
- Generalized anxiety for youth, teens, adults and families.
- Emotional freedom, we are not our worries.
- School or classroom presentations.
ONe On ONe coaching
- Navigating this complicated system.
- Peer support counselling.
- Using core principles of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Phone/FaceTime counselling.
- Co-occuring disorders (depression, anxiety, addictions).
Mental health accounts for the biggest loss of days for corporate sick time. Core provides tailored group sessions either in our comfortable boardroom or at your organization.
One hour or lunch and learn sessions on Workplace Wellness and other topics.
"Peer support is a system of giving and receiving help founded on key principles of respect, shared responsibility, and mutual agreement of what is helpful. Peer support is not based on psychiatric models and diagnostic criteria. It is about understanding another's situation emphatically through shared experience of emotional and psychological pain."
Mead, Hilton & Curtis